Thursday 21 October 2010

Thoughts on Exodus

I love the story of Moses, it's really great :). I like how God puts up with Moses' constant complaints that he can't do it, and helps him out through Aaron.

Exodus 13:2 - "The Lord is my strength and my song"

Exodus 18:13-27 - Sensible advice from Moses' father in law, delegating authority, I like this :)

I like that God lays the laws down very clearly and practically through Moses.
These laws still apply to us, and we can see what God wants through them - however because of Jesus dying on the cross for us, we do not have to suffer the punishments that we deserve for our sins.

In yesterday and today's passages, there have been specific descriptions of how God wanted the people to build the tabernacle, and what the priestly garments and so on were meant to look like. I really like these passages because they remind us that God is a creator and designer, and is interested in things on a smaller scale as well as the creation of the world. Being friends with lots of fashion students, I quite like thinking about how God cares about fashion, and fashion with a purpose (donning the priests with dignity and honour). It's just rather cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment