Thursday 21 October 2010

Interesting Things Commented

Posted by Jenny

A man goes to the hairdressers, and is having his hair cut.
The barber says "I don’t believe in God – if there is a God why is there so much suffering so much disaster? How, if God exists – does He allow this to happen?"
The man getting his hair cut did not want to get into a long discussion-cum-argument – so he paid for his hair cut and left.

Out side on the street he passed a tramp, his hair was over grown, he really looked in need of having his hair cut. The man who had just had his hair cut went back into the barbers, and said "You can’t be a barber, I have just passed a man who needs to have his hair cut – his hair is a mess he really needs it doing . You can’t be a barber if that man is out there, and needs his hair cutting.”

The barber said “If only that man would come to me, I would sort him out – but he needs to come to me first.”

Posted by hepsibah2kingsandisiah

A man was suddenly caught in a flood. He knew God could save him. He climbed onto the roof of his house and waited for God to come. Suddenly he heard a speed boat come, and it danced nervously on the ferocious flood in front of him. ‘Climb aboard, for you will be saved!!’ yelled the driver. ‘No, it’s alright, God will save me!’ the man replied. So the boat drove off.

The flood rose higher and higher and still God did not appear. Suddenly, a helicopter zoomed overhead and hovered above the man. ‘Climb up the ladder, for you will be saved!!’ cried the pilot. ‘No, it’s alright, God will save me!!’ the man replied. So the helicopter flew off.
The flood rose higher and higher still, and God did not come…

The next day, the man reached heaven. When he saw God he said, ‘ Lord, why didn’t you save me?!’
‘For goodness sake! I sent a boat AND a helicopter!’

Posted by Elissa

The man whispered,
“Please – God, speak to me!”
and suddenly a soft breeze gently rustled the leaves.

Louder, the man beseeched,
“Please – God, speak to me!”
and then a meadowlark began to sing.

Then the man groaned,
“Please – God, speak to me!”
and then a little girl giggled nearby.

Then the man yelled,
“Please – God, speak to me!”
and thunder rumbled in the distance.

Then the man screamed,
“Please – God, let me see you!”
and then the sunset glowed
magnificently with lavender and pink.

Then the man shouted,
“God show me a miracle!”
and then a newborn baby began to cry.

In final despair – the man begged,
“Touch me God, and let me know you are here.”

Then God reach down from heaven and
touched the man ever so softly –

Then the man brushed the butterfly from
his arm and shuffled dejectedly away.

No comments:

Post a Comment